Both the Anaconda boys and girls basketball teams advanced to the Western B divisional tournament starting on Thursday in Ronan, and there will be a legend on the airwaves when the broadcasts begin.
Mick Holien, the former Voice of the Griz for football and men’s basketball, has accepted an invitation to join the broadcasts on Copperhead Country. Like last year with KANA 580 AM, Holien, who calls Polson and Flathead Lake home, will provide color analysis for every Copperhead game.
Last year, I wrote about first asking Holien to help me HERE and actually working with the legendary broadcaster was better than I could’ve imagined.
Although Holien doesn’t do play by play any longer, he is no stranger to the microphone. His weekly “In My Opinion” columns can be heard on 750 KERR and 93.9 FM in the Mission Valley. You can also check his archives on 750kerr.com
Anaconda will begin the tournament with the boys taking on Eureka at 9:40 a.m. Thursday followed by the girls taking on Bigfork at 7:20 p.m. Listen live on http://copperheadcountry.airtime.pro
- Hill, Peterson earn All State nods for Anaconda
- Hot-shooting Indians knock off Anaconda in quarterfinals
- Copperheads returning to State with championship aspirations
- Copperheads put it all together in remarkable 70-33 win over Loyola
- Anaconda-Loyola rubber match to decide Western B state tournament field