Both the Anaconda boys and girls basketball teams advanced to the Western B divisional tournament starting on Thursday in Ronan, and there will be a legend on the airwaves when the broadcasts begin.
Mick Holien, the former Voice of the Griz for football and men’s basketball, has accepted an invitation to join the broadcasts on Copperhead Country. Like last year with KANA 580 AM, Holien, who calls Polson and Flathead Lake home, will provide color analysis for every Copperhead game.
Last year, I wrote about first asking Holien to help me HERE and actually working with the legendary broadcaster was better than I could’ve imagined.
Although Holien doesn’t do play by play any longer, he is no stranger to the microphone. His weekly “In My Opinion” columns can be heard on 750 KERR and 93.9 FM in the Mission Valley. You can also check his archives on 750kerr.com
Anaconda will begin the tournament with the boys taking on Eureka at 9:40 a.m. Thursday followed by the girls taking on Bigfork at 7:20 p.m. Listen live on http://copperheadcountry.airtime.pro
- Copperhead girls upset Eureka, advances to Western B semifinals
- Tabish, FX Solutions donates winter apparel to Backpack Program
- Anaconda matmen head to state without Skocilich
- Copperheads win second-straight, sweep Florence in 6B season series
- Dylan Skocilich earns title, ‘Heads send four to State B/C